The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

It's that Time of Year Again...

X-Sabre, dragonqueen, and Nimue all wait patiently in the Recruiter's Office for Wyvern's arrival, sighing and grumbling to themselves as they wonder how much longer the whole recruitment process is going to take. While the infamous Elder of Initiates was widely known for his extensive periods of absence, the lack of a recruiter's presence in the office still seemed slightly unnerving... though the comments of other kind pen members certainly lifted the burden of anxiety from their shoulders. Fidgeting in their seats restlessly and contemplating where the overgrown lizard could be, the three applicants turn their heads simultaneously as the stout figure of Bravery the Elder Dwarf suddenly enters the office. Turning to the applicants and giving them a comforting nod, the dwarf unravels a parchment and exclaims:

"Hear yee, hear yee, recent applicants! We, the commitee of Elder Dwarves, are sorry to inform you that it seems Wyvern may be absent a while yet. He was walking down the hall towards the office carrying a stack of papers so large it could challenge Mt. Everest in height, and got stuck in the middle of his paperwork when wandering down a narrow hallway. We, the Elder Dwarf commitee, would normally respond in his absence, but are unfortunately hard at work trying to get Wyvern unstuck from the mess. We estimate that we should be able to dig Wyvern out in a week or so, around December 15th, at which point he'll certainly get to your applications. There is a chance that an Elder Dwarf or two might be able to briefly break before this date and respond to a few applications, but we wouldn't count on it. After all, we're making an effort to only use pliars when dealing with the papers with numbers on them..."

Having said this, the Elder Dwarf nods and rolls the parchment back up, stuffing it back into his pocket and muttering:

"We apologize for the delay, and would suggest getting to know one another and participating in the public forums (which is where most of the writing takes place anyway) in his absence."

Bravery then bows to the three applicants, and quickly exits the office as a dwarven voice from another hall exclaims: "Sledgehammer! We need a sledgehammer!"

OOC: On a more serious note to all recent applicants, X-Sabre, dragonqueen, and Nimue in particular, I'm currently diving into an intense final exam period and won't really be available on the boards till around the 15th. While you wait, you can feel free to RP and get to know each other in this thread (though I unfortunatly won't have time to make any more posts in it) and participate in the other forums (which I noticed some are already doing). After my exams finish, I'll get to your applications as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay!