The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf I - Ooc Thread

Mynx

Come one, come all, to hunt the wolf!

This is the official sign-up thread for a new Werewolf game. If you have any questions regarding the rules, please check here.

The theme of this game is the basic format - let's just get the ball rolling before we begin to make things too interesting ;)

I know things are still quiet, so there's no time limit on signing up for right now - I just want to see what numbers we get.

For now, please post if you want to play, and feel free to create a character for the fun :)

Peredhil signs up for his first ever Werewolf game.

Okay then. A wolf hunt! This will be great fun, I'm certain. Do we use blunted weapons? Will Tanuchan get much of a head start? She's very clever, she'll probably run us in circles for hours!

Are there limitations on magic?

He bounces slightly in anticipation and kisses his wife with sparkling eyes.

What fun!

Uh-oh.... o.O

Tanny backs up carefully, leaving in a hurry - not quite running. Behind her, the parchment with Mynx's announcement floats down to the desk, bearing now a pawprint after Peredhil's name.

Ehm... I'm in. Eyes Peredhil carefully.

I'll die if I end up being the wolf. Period.

Oohh, it's been a while! Sign me up as the town idiot :D. Possibly with a drinking history, but he's left that behind him now. Very definitely behind him. The last time he got drunk... but we don't talk about that. Nobody talks about that...

*grins*

So currently I have:

- Peredhil

- Tanuchan

- Patrick

- Lord Panther

- Venefyxatu

I'd like to get a few more players so will be leaving this open for at least another week. If I don't get more numbers we'll have a smaller game with just one wolf but I might draw out the day phases a bit to allow more time for conni- er... role-playing...

Tentative character:

Tennison, daughter of the local innkeeper

In her early twenties, she's a very no-nonsense kind of girl. Helps running the inn, and can be found either tending to the tables or to the kitchen, or even the bar counter. Not many dare to cross her, though she is pretty of face and body, and knows how to have fun (of the kind she chooses and appreciates).

We'll see how this goes :P

Okay, quick update.

Our players are as follows:

- Peredhil - TBA
- Tanuchan - Tennison, daughter of the local innkeeper
- Patrick - (Name?), a young man
- Lord Panther - TBA
- Venefyxatu - (Name?), the town idiot/drunk

There will only be one Wolf in the game given the small numbers, but even with that it would be a very short game as things stand.

SO. There is going to be an addition to the rules that my lovely braintwin helped me plan out, but I do not have the time to explain it right now.

Expect an update this weekend :)

Peredhil eyes Tanny warily. She was protesting her innocence far too much - and her tail was wagging in secret glee.

So, a standard village. Prolly in the woods, has wolves in the area.

I will be Abercrombie. I live on the downwind side of town. I run sheep and some goats, and have a couple of working dogs to help me with them. I also collect the chamber pots for the village, and put the contents into a large vat used for tanning leather, particularly from my sheep and goats, although I'll buy pelts and hides.

With his wooden leg and bushy grey beard Graham is a familiar sight in town, known by everyone. He'll often sit in the highest branches of the tree on the town square, staring out as if over an ocean. Other times he's wandering the streets, muttering to himself or anyone who wants to listen. And even to those who don't want to listen, though they generally have no trouble hurrying away. He's not the pursuing kind, and people have wondered whether he's even aware of the people around him. After all, they have seen him talking to trees and benches as well...

"Noooo, sir, no way. The squallop goes over the dingarideedoo, not under it!"

Edited by Venefyxatu

Okay!

Let me see if I can make this make sense.

The game will have only one Wolf, but we are going to have the introduction of a new set of specials: the Spirit.

The Spirit is the ghost of a Villager who has been killed, either via lynching or by the Wolf. Essentially, it gives the player a second chance at the game, though there's an added feature to the role.

Every time a Spirit is created, there is a 50% chance that they are Malevolent. A Malevolent Spirit does not work with the Wolf, but they both have the same end goal - eliminate the Villagers and Benevolent Spirits.

A Benevolent Spirit, like the Villagers, is trying to kill the Wolf and Banish any Malevolent Spirits. If they are Benevolent, they also have a 50% chance of becoming a Seer, or (if there is already a Seer Spirit), a Baner.

The role will not be announced to the players at large, only to the individuals affected. It is up to you to use the information as you wish.

Spirits cannot interact directly with players, but that doesn't mean they can't find a way to make contact - talk to people in dreams, work on your poltergeist-isms, I'm sure you'll figure it out. A Spirit's vote counts as one, just like all other players.

During Day phase, Villagers can decide to either attempt to lynch the Wolf, or hire a Priest (NPC) to Banish the Spirit if they suspect it to be Malevolent. During Night phase, the Wolf can target and Banish a Spirit instead of kill a Villager.

A Banished Spirit is truly gone from the game - so no Spirits of Spirits, sorry ;)

Roles will not be disclosed at the time of lynching, death, or Banishment, so you're just going to have to stay on your toes.

Criteria for an End Game:

Wolf and Malevolent Spirits = Villagers and Benevolent Spirits -> Wolf/Malevolent Spirits win.

Wolf and Malevolent Spirits all successfully lynched/Banished -> Villagers/Benevolent Spirits win.

Please, post here or PM me with any questions about this new development :)

Players:

- Peredhil - Abercrombe, the sheep and goat herder
- Patrick - John, a young man
- Lord Panther - TBA
- Venefyxatu - Graham, the town idiot/drunk

I intend to begin the game this coming week.

Hhmm, let's see. We'll try this character on for size:

Curtis - The town drunk. Not a violent or loud drunk, but a man that always appears to be under the influence of his poison of choice. With his habit, Curtis often finds his pockets rather empty of the coin needed to pay for his pleasure. Often willing to do small menial jobs, nothing stable or long-lasting of course, in order to put a few coins in his aforementioned empty pockets and continue his chosen lifestyle.

It's going to be a battle of drunks... ;)

Players:

- Peredhil - Abercrombe, the sheep and goat herder

- Patrick - John, a young man

- Lord Panther - Curtis, the town drunk

- Venefyxatu - Graham, the town idiot/drunk

- Azuran - TBA

• Like 1

"Allow me to grace you with an introduction. I am...Lord Bartholomew M. Persius the Third." *brief pause in a regal pose for admiration*

Lord Bartholomew isn't technically a Lord. But then he isn't very rich or particularly good looking either despite how he might act. He runs a large (ok, quaint) shop selling finely dyed bolts of cloth, with a small selection of extravagant clothing ("the largest collection of dashing capes within at least fifty leagues!"). He likes to think of himself as a beneficent noble in the village, and for the most part everybody's happy to smile knowingly behind his back and humor him.