The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Word Association Thread

A brilliant flash momentarily dazzled Her vision. When it cleared she saw the photographer rapidly exiting the room.

She looked around dazedly, wondering where she was and what was going on, when she noticed the man next to her. He wasn't moving. She gave him a tap, then a shove. He was dead.

"Oh dear," she thought sadly, "And he had been so full of life last night... at the cheese festival."

Edited by The Portrait of Zool

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked down at his pupil, and even as she cringed, she admired even the disgust that showed in every line of his gorgeous face. It was the most amazing thing she'd seen, although he looked like he'd caught her eating sh--. "How do you expect to be a properly gloomy vampire when you drink the blood of bouncy things like that?"

Edited by Gwaihir
It kind of breaks the word association idea if you edit, but I found a better word. What can one say!

is it at all possible that the mythos surrounding a certain cryptozoological creature has been misinterperated and now has people seeing things in a small lake with a funny name?

I mean could the ancient folk of the beautiful highlands have actually been telling their children of the Darkness Monster who would come and get them if they didnt go to bed on time? After all, sundown was bedtime in a world before electricity, allowing the older members of the Clan to spend time around the fire and tell of their day fishing the small and deeply mysterious lake known as Loch Ness.

Memory seldom makes mountains seem small, there has been such comments made before, about the task of memory that befell the mortal mind and drove it unceasingly onward to the brink of sanity trying to establish why the thing on the lawn with the small blind rodent thing within it resembled such a monument of nature.

I never understood the saying, "going down like a lead balloon" mainly because I believe that Led Zeppelin are the only band ever to get a standing ovation for a song at it's first playing in concert... the song was a gem too "Stairway to heaven"

Mind you... if everyone else stood up... the Led Zeppelin while on stage would have appeared to move down reletive to everyone else... so i suppose it works.

:raven:

If a creative and skilled wall/house painter were to drink some of their "paint thinner" while using JD in that way and given as many colors as they wanted, I wonder what would result.