The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Check-in Here

Snypiuer

Well it has been soon long since I posted anywhere I thought I would post here. I have been peaking in here only occasionally. It has been a busy summer and my need to write has been put on hold. So much has happened and yet I have just carried these stories in my head. Some where down the line I might post regularly again. Hello to my pen friends.Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Merelas strides in with a swirl of orange, yellow, and crimson silks. He crosses to a chair, spins, and sits.

Well this is a fine kettle of fish.

I haven't been here in three years or better. I'm still rather foppish, but less full of angst. A few I recognize, and some not at all.

Interesting.

• 2 months later...

Hello, Zariah here!!

How is everyone?

I've been gone for a few years.

I suppose I felt that I had no interest in trying to write anymore.

I felt uncreative and uninspired.

I think what I need to do is try to write again and maybe just the act of writng will open up that creative flow.

I mean, I have enough going on in real life to inspire an array of emotions to draw from, so really there's no excuse.

Things seem fairly dead here.

Sad....

Ideas for recruiting new membership:

Do members write on other forums in which they can direct others here?

Maybe for Pennites who are students, they can visit their college writing center, poetry classes (sometimes they make a yearly publication for their school with poems and short stories) and leave some cool fliers for joining "The Pen Is Mightier Than the Sword"

Perhaps even leaving fliers at local coffee shops for interested writers to check the site out?

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm here and that can't be bad, so to speak, so I hope we can shake things up a bit. :)

Writing is such a challenge and a joy, and if some sort of virus has stricken this board then let us drive it away. :lol:

I can write silly and I can write nasty and I can write forever and ever, but I may never know if I can write well. Hoping to find out here.

Blessings to you all,

eye

[sorry for this presumptive post - just looking for a corner I can crawl into]

Edited by eyeoneblack

• 1 month later...

The real world has a way of doing terrible things to writers -- hence the communities in which they reside often suffer absence when the world gets tough. But we always come back with new things to say because of it. :)

Boy, is THAT statement ever appropriate. Or, in my case. it COULD simply be old age! :lol:

I am doing a little various writing (I am now a Yahoo Contributing writer too) and I am still playing my games cuz I'm a mean old cuss and it's what I like! As I've noted before...I may not always have something to say, but I do enjoy being a "fan" of others' word smithing abilities!

Besides...today is my birthday and I am just one step from the Half Century mark! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

The Raven lands in a corner and envelopes itself in the humaniod form of Cryptomancer. From a sleeve of his runic cloak the Cryptographicly possessed mage draws out a small silver mirror and looks at his reflection.

shifting slightly in the chair, he look sa t the desk in front of him, glancing between reflection and desk a few times, before changing once more to (his now far more common) avian form.

Muttering rather loudly, but to no-one in particular, "ok... some guy in a hat asked me a question and it has me confused... why is a Raven like a writing desk?"

no answer, because Poe wrote on both and 'Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is nevar put with the wrong end in front!'

• 1 month later...

Let me just chip in here and say I've been checking in semi-regularly, but haven't been doing more than reading the Banquet Room and participating in the First Lines thing Gravia rebooted. This is actually the first time in two years, I think, that I've looked beyond the walls of the Banquet.

What can I say? I love my food.

What I've been up to since years back when I was actually active? Living with the person I checked in to talk to most, breaking up again, moving around, switching schools (Training to be a nurse, since I need a vocation where long legs and a blonde mane meet stereotypes. Sadly, 'ninja' lacks any appreciation for this, even though black suits me.) buying my own house, and general stuff. Guess that sortof sums it up.

Expecting more from me would be a no go at the moment, since I'm trying to avoid all this vehement adherence to one type of activity that I've had before. You'll see me 'round from time to time though. ^_^

• 1 month later...

'ello, been a fairy's age, hows'it all going?

see I been travelling, not on the plains of circuitry either, so not been here, right. Sorta missed the lot of ya, the legion is still trying to improve their aim... not helped by the addition of wings to my armour that allows me to steer... if you get my meaning. also a little mis-information to put them on the wrong continent also helped.

Still, I am not back, but I am about, the Raven is likely my spokesperson now, so I let it be with him, he is more talkative.

hope you is all well, and managed to avoid the press gangs. Just remember to avoid the offer of rum drinks if the character offering has an eyepatch and a wooden leg.

-Norman

• 1 month later...

A door opens, allowing Brute entrance into the room. As he brushes cobwebs from his shoulders, a strong odor of alcohol permeates the air around him.

"Hullo. Kinda bright an' colorful around here. I suppose it's better than 'bright an' shiny'. We all know what effect SHINY has on most of the residents..."

Finds a small and obscure button hidden in the corner and presses it curiously. Dark glasses instantly appear over his eyes.

"Ahhh...! That's better! It was truly a little uncomfortable with the bright colors and all. I find the dark and gloom much more to my liking."

The broom closet he appears to be talking to refuses to give an answer.

• 10 months later...

Greeting one and all

Its been quite a long time since I have been on this website and am very pleased to see that its still thriving. Also very pleased that my username and password were still active lol.

Looking forward to reading the stories and contributing some of my own works aswell.