The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Have you ever...?

Ozymandias

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever called someone, and then when they answered the phone forgot who you were calling?

Have you ever met someone who has a 'philosophical objection' to black nail polish?

Have you ever gone to write something and forgot what you were going to write, and couldn't remember?

Have you ever danced in the rain?

Gone camping in the rain?

Gotten so wet you just didn't care anymore?

I don't think I've ever been shiny. I'll have to make that one of my goals. I often forget things, like people's names, among other things. And dancing is fun.

Edit: Have you ever smiled at a crocodile?

Edited by dragonqueen

Have you ever consumed more than twice the daily recommended caffeine intake, gone back for a third time, and a fourth, and then spent the rest of the day scaring your friends due to your continuous giggling?

*giggles, picks up scythe, and bounces off in a very un-Mynx-like and more cheerleader-like fashion*

*in the distance, screams are heard...*

yes, but as the giggles tend to be somewhat maniacal, i suppose that's only to be expected. ;)

*notes that her standard drink is a quad tall peppermint mocha, simply because most places around here won't *sell* more than a quad... usually resolved by getting two*

Have you ever laughed for half an hour, hysterically, non-stop and without benefit of caffeine?

Have you ever gotten a night's sleep on a skeeball ramp?

Have you ever worked with your friends for half an hour to create a whirlpool in their pool just to enjoy ninety seconds of swirling in the current?

Have you ever bridged the language barrier with earspeak? (Taru speak ear, too, even with their tiny round nubbin ears.)

Have you even been part of a functional anarchy?

Have you ever worked with your friends for half an hour to create a whirlpool in their pool just to enjoy ninety seconds of swirling in the current?

Yessss! what a blast!

Have you ever layed down on the grass and just stared up at the sky watching the clouds morf into different shapes?

Have you ever laughed for half an hour, hysterically, non-stop and without benefit of caffeine?

Yes, and often without anything good to laugh at. I honestly don't know what my problem is, I'll be laughing so hard at nothing at all that I wake people up, or that people start talking about Bambi's dead mother to see if I still laugh, and it doesn't help, I simply can't stop.

* sighs *

...teeny little color changing action figures should never be as funny as *I* have found them...

The toys that really bother me are the dolls that act like real babies. Ooo yay! It eats, cries and s**ts! Why on earth would little kids want to learn to be mothers at that age?!

I blame them for the rise in teen pregnancies!

...I need more coffee...

Edited by Mynx

The toys that really bother me are the dolls that act like real babies. Ooo yay! It eats, cries and s**ts! Why on earth would little kids want to learn to be mothers at that age?!

I blame them for the rise in teen pregnancies!

Ohhhhhh. Is that what I'm doing wrong \o_o?

(Rydia looks strangely at the very non-working replica of BabyBot, earshrugs, and schedules a trip to the toy store instead of the electronic hobby store. . .)

And yet little girls love them

*shudders*

Have you ever considered drinking an entire case of high strength energy drink that is not yet available on the market, just to make yourself reckless enough to defy a direct order, simply because you are bored?

*hums to self quietly, opening 4th can...*

Have you ever had to bitterly take the scorn of others because you lacked the courage to do something about it, only to walk away fantasizing about what type of revenge would suit you best?

Have you ever mustered the courage to finally do something about it and felt proud over the mere attempt, even if unsuccesful?

Have you ever pondered how cool it would be to, as a complete adult, dress up like Marilyn Manson at Christmas time and go line up in the Mall to sit on Santa's lap and, in front of all the kids, wish for Uzis and high carbon ninja swords?

Have you ever seen a fantasy movie at a friend's and gotten so caught up in its world that you experience a depressing anti-climax upon staring at the rain-wet asphalt of the deserted roads as you walk home in the middle of the night?

Have you ever experienced ambivalence towards a person because you like and admire him/her, but despair over the realization that you can never be as good, cool and succesful; that the person's existence points out your obvious inferiority?

...Only to realize that someone else feels precisely that, about YOU?

Have you ever sat in front of your computer with WinAmp playing and subconsciously thought intensely about a song, snapping back to reality just in time to see WinAmp's shuffle function pick THAT EXACT song out of your 600+ long playlist - At random?

Have you ever thrown the truth in someone's face, knowing it would hurt them, anger them and jeopardize your friendship, because they needed to know?

Conversily, have you ever lied to a friend's face when they badly needed the truth, convincing yourself that you did it to protect your friend's feelings when the truth is that you lied because you were too much of a coward to deal with the ensuing hassle?

Edited by Thinas

*hugs mynx*

things will work out, they always do.....

:raven:

For in the hour of your greatest pain, love ever holds to you.

In the time of greatest turmoil, love protects you.

When you most need comfort, love will find you.

if you ever need a shoulder to wet with your tears,

you know where i am.

:raven:

All things work for good, in the Lord's hands.

Have you ever sat there wanting to cry, but didn't because that would've awoken the one who would comfort you, and that'd be the last thing you want?

but yeh... I know that other one aswell *hugs Minx aswell, even tho they hardly know one another*

*smiles sadly*

Thanks Crypt. You too Appy.

I'll be okay...just need time to go and hide and drink lots of caffeine...unfortunately I have no time at the moment...

ooo yay...bottled up emotions...

OOC: sorry! I know this disrupts the flow of the thread. I'll go disappear into another corner now...

Edited by Mynx

have you ever wished so much that you could comfort someone, but didn't know what to say or do, that you stood there looking rather like a fish.. mouth opening but no words coming out?

shadows thicken and envelop Mynx, taking the form of Ayshela appearing from nowhere with an extra large economy sized hug, just for her.